Contact us for a free case consultation 866-281-8659

Living Safer Magazine

Check out the latest issue of D’Amore Law Group’s Living Safer magazine!


Archive for the ‘Burn Injury’ Category

Texas couple awarded $42 million over faulty vehicle repairs
Monday, October 16th, 2017

On December 21, 2013, Matthew and Marcia Seebachans were traveling to visit family for the holidays when they were struck head-on by a pickup truck that had hydroplaned. Their 2010 Honda Fit caught on fire and the roof collapsed while the couple was trapped inside the car. Matthew’s feet were wedged beneath the driver’s pedals, […]

The most important thing you can do for your family today
Monday, April 23rd, 2012

It’s very simple. Check your smoke detectors.    Let the recent spate of home fires in Oregon and Washington remind you to take this one simple step for the safety of your home and family. A Milwaukie family lost everything in a fire that decimated their home. The Clackamas fire department said the family’s lives […]

Thousands of Children Burned by Batteries
Tuesday, November 8th, 2011

There is an alarming rise in the number of children ingesting lithium batteries: injuries and deaths from the “button” batteries affected more than 3,400 children last year. The batteries, which are increasingly common and used in remote controls, thermometers, calculators, musical greeting cards, scales, toothbrushes and toys, cause internal burns in the esophagus and throat. […]

Patient Risks in Non-surgical Cosmetic Procedures
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011

Everyone knows, or should know, that there is risk inherent in any surgical procedure. It seems that fewer people are aware of the risks in non-surgical cosmetic procedures like Botulinum Toxin (Botox) injections or laser treatments.  People who wouldn’t consider a traditional face lift – which can leave patients with permanent scarring and damage, and […]

Safety Tips for Outdoor Grilling
Friday, July 22nd, 2011

Summer is the best time of year to live in the Northwest: the sun is out and the weather is perfect for outdoor grilling with family and friends. Unfortunately, too often we hear of a serious burn or other injury that could have been avoided; these tragedies are a good reminder to practice basic grill […]

The Real Story Behind the Infamous McDonald’s Products Liability Case
Monday, February 7th, 2011

In 1992 Stella Liebeck spilled scorching hot McDonald’s coffee on her lap while pulling out of a drive-thru in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She suffered severe burns and sued the company for serving a dangerous product.  It’s one of the most talked about personal injury cases in recent memory.  Even with all the publicity surrounding the […]

Child Eye Safety Tips for the Holidays
Wednesday, December 8th, 2010

As a followup to our blog post on holiday toy safety, we want to share a link to a blog post on EyeDocNews, a leading eyecare news website, listing eye safety tips for children during the holidays. The eye safety tips, published by Bausch + Lomb's Early Vision Institute, advise parents to remain alert for the […]

Dental Handpieces May Cause Patient Burns
Monday, October 4th, 2010

Late last month, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued an alert to healthcare professionals and dental organizations concerning patient burns from dental handpieces. These devices are AC-powered hand-held devices used to prepare dental cavities for restorations, such as fillings, and for cleaning teeth. The patient burns from dental handpieces reported ranged from first degree burns to […]

How to Avoid Causing a Fire at a Gas Pump From Static Electricity
Sunday, February 28th, 2010

I recently viewed a documentary on TV reporting on how motorists are unwittingly sparking fires at gas pumps with static electricity. Among other tragic incidents, a woman lost her life while pumping gas at a station near Tulsa, Oklahoma, when static electricity that she generated sparked a blaze that went out of control. As explained by […]

Consumer Product Safety Commission Urges Consumers to Keep Safety in Mind When Decorating for the Holidays
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008

Provides safety tips to avoid injury such as burns when decorating for the holidays