Contact us for a free case consultation 866-281-8659

Living Safer Magazine

Check out the latest issue of D’Amore Law Group’s Living Safer magazine!

Categories

Archive for the ‘Fire’ Category

Revived concerns over safety of certain Jeep models following fatal crash
Friday, September 8th, 2017

  Vicki Hill from Ohio was driving to work in her 2007 Jeep Liberty when she was rear-ended at a stop light. The fuel from her vehicle caught fire and firefighters were unable to rescue her from her Jeep because of the strength of the flames. Hill died due to injuries sustained in the incident. […]

Avoiding Toy Hazards: What to look out for while holiday shopping
Thursday, November 24th, 2016

This year OSPIRG, a consumer protection watchdog organization, released their 31st annual toy safety report, Trouble in Toyland, highlighting toy hazards on store shelves this holiday season. The report notes five common toy hazards that cause thousands of injuries to children each year: choking hazards, toxic hazards, ingestion hazards, fire hazards and laceration hazards. Choking is the leading cause […]

Child Eye Safety Tips for the Holidays
Wednesday, December 8th, 2010

As a followup to our blog post on holiday toy safety, we want to share a link to a blog post on EyeDocNews, a leading eyecare news website, listing eye safety tips for children during the holidays. The eye safety tips, published by Bausch + Lomb's Early Vision Institute, advise parents to remain alert for the […]

Thanksgiving Turkey Safety Tips
Monday, November 22nd, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!  Deep fried turkeys have a reputation for being juicy and tasty for their Thanksgiving guests.  Yet, there is fire risk that goes along with the great taste of a deep fried turkey because the turkey fryers combine gallons of boiling oil, open gas fires, and unstable frames. There are a few basic […]

How to Avoid Causing a Fire at a Gas Pump From Static Electricity
Sunday, February 28th, 2010

I recently viewed a documentary on TV reporting on how motorists are unwittingly sparking fires at gas pumps with static electricity. Among other tragic incidents, a woman lost her life while pumping gas at a station near Tulsa, Oklahoma, when static electricity that she generated sparked a blaze that went out of control. As explained by […]

Consumer Product Safety Commission Urges Consumers to Keep Safety in Mind When Decorating for the Holidays
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008

Provides safety tips to avoid injury such as burns when decorating for the holidays