The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission last week announced a voluntary recall of 1.6 million Little Tikes™ Workshops Sets and Trucks that have oversized, plastic toy nails that can pose a choking hazard to young children. The Little Tikes company had received one report of an 11-month old boy who choked when the toy nail became forcefully lodged in his throat. The child was hospitalized and made a full recovery.
The oversized, plastic toy nail that led to the recall is about 3 ¼ inches long by 1 ¼ inch in diameter and comes in red or blue colors. It has a large round head; about 1 ¼ inches below the head is a plastic ridge, slightly smaller than the nail head and about 1 inch in diameter. They were sold with a variety of Little Tikes Children’s products. The names, model numbers and UPC code of the products included in this recall are identified in the US CPSC's announcement.
Check out the latest issue of D’Amore Law Group’s Living Safer magazine!